OET – Occupational English Test
OET is the English language test designed for the healthcare sector. Many organisations, including hospitals, universities and colleges, are using OET as proof of a candidate’s ability to communicate effectively in a demanding healthcare environment. We offer truly world-class training for OET and target Grade B and above in OET.
More about OET
- OET is recognised and trusted by healthcare boards and councils in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Dubai and Singapore.
- Accurately reflects ability to communicate in an English-speaking healthcare workplace.
- OET is owned by Cambridge Boxhill Language Assessment, a venture between Cambridge English Language Assessment and Box Hill Institute since 2013.
- OET is an international English language test that assesses the language proficiency of healthcare professionals who seek to register and practise in an English-speaking environment.
- It provides a valid and reliable assessment of all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking – with an emphasis on communication in healthcare professional settings.
Listening – 50 min approximate
- Part A – Consultation (20 – 25 min)
- Part B – Presentation (20 – 25 min)
Reading – 1 hour
- Part A – Summary (15 min)
- Part B – Multiple-choice Questions (45 min)
Writing – 45 min
(Write a letter)
- Referral Letter
- Transfer or Discharge letter
- Letter to advice a patient/Care taker/Care unit|group|home
Speaking – 20 min
Total Duration of the test is 3 hours
OET score ranges from E to A
OET result is declared within 16 days after the test date
Score is valid up to 2 years